Is your home winter wise? Protect your home from the ravages of winter.
Michigan winter can bring burst pipes, leaky roofs and costly structural damage. Is your home at risk? Ice dams and frozen water pipes are the mail culprits.
- Keep gutters and downspouts clear of debris, snow, and ice to facilitate the flow of runoff. Use a roof rake to keep buildup to a minimum.
- Evaluate your attic’s insulation and ventilation. Use R-38 value insulation in northern climates. Vents promote airflow under eaves and soffits; a cool, dry attic in turn curbs the formation of ice dams.
Frozen Water Pipes
If you think turning the heat down low while you’re away will save money, think burst water pipes and thousands of dollars in repair and replacement costs.
- Insulate pipes susceptible to freezing.
- Shut off and drain water from the garden hose and pipes leading to outside faucets.
- Show everyone how to shut off the water in case pipes burst; when going away, drain and shut off the main water supply to your home or business.
Why an umbrella policy? Higher limits, broader coverages.
You want to keep your hard-earned assets and lifestyle. We want to help. Monetary damage awards from lawsuits are a reality in today’s litigious society.
While all your primary Fremont Insurance policies contain liability protection, if a judgment is levied against you for serious damages to someone else’s property or reputation, personal injuries, or even death, your liability limits can be exhausted quickly, leaving you to make up the difference. Your investments, your home, even your personal property could be seized to satisfy a judgment.
Not just for the wealthy anymore
- Do you have a high profile or vital professional, community, or corporate responsibilities?
- Do you conduct business activities in your home or take your business to people?
- Do you have a trampoline or swimming pool or live on the water where someone could be injured?
- Do you have pets/animals that might injure someone?
- Do you engage in high risk recreational activities such as ATVing, snowmobiling, flying, or hunting?
- Do you have a teenage driver, who is statistically more likely to cause an accident?
- Do you entertain a lot?
For as little as $90 for $1 million protection, Fremont Insurance Umbrella Policies are low-cost peace of mind, picking up where your primary policies leave off. If you think you might need one, ask your independent insurance agent today.
A pre-plan promotes peace of mind on the road and back home.
A home is burglarized every 20 seconds in the United States! Have you left clues of your absence? Police call these “targets of opportunity” for thieves. These simple precautions before you head out of town, especially for extended periods, can keep you from becoming the next victim.
“Occupy” your home while away
- Equip doors and windows with deadbolt locks. Remember to secure second floor and basement windows, and garage doors.
- Create a ‘lived-in” look with timers on inside and outside lights.
- Arrange for a neighbor or friend to pick up your mail and other deliveries daily, or put them on hold.
- Leave a car in the driveway or ask a neighbor to park there.
- Have them use your garbage/recycling containers as well.
- Have vegetation maintained around doors and windows; have the lawn and bushes trimmed as needed.
- Keep your plans on the down low; don’t leave notes on the door; don’t change your voicemail message to indicate you are away; don’t divulge plans on Internet social networks.
- A trusted house sitter is always a good idea.
- Call police immediately if on return you find evidence of a break-in. Do not enter the house as a possibly armed burglar may still be inside. Do not disturb any potential evidence.
Pre-Departure Check List
- Camera/ camcorder
- Phone/ phone numbers
- Medications/ first aid kit
- Toiletries/ sunblock
- Eyeglasses/ sunglasses
- Hats/ caps/ visors
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Swimsuits/ beach gear
- Umbrella/ rain gear
- Games and small toys
- Insurance information
- Driver’s license
- Money/ ATM and credit cards
- Airline/ event tickets
- Sporting gear
- Small tote or waist pack
- Backpacks for long outings
- Extra bag for souvenirs
- Reading materials